2016 Blackhorse Association Family Reunion
We are about 2 months from our annual Blackhorse Association Family Reunion in San Antonio at the Drury Plaza Riverwalk Hotel. There are several indicators that we may have our largest attendance in many years. If you have not signed up to come or not gotten your hotel reservations, there is plenty of time remaining to do so. Our special negotiated rates at the hotel are good until May 25.
As we monitor the hotel reservations and compare that against the reunion registrations, there are many attendees who have completed one but not the other. There are approximately 45 attendees who have hotel reservations but have not yet registered for the reunion. If that pertains to you, we ask that you please register because it truly helps with our planning. If you have a hotel reservation but cannot attend the reunion, please cancel your room reservation so it is returned to our block and can be used by someone else.
Thursday through Saturday
- Our great hotel is on the Riverwalk with a daily Free "5:30 Kickback" of hot food/drinks.
- Rooftop and indoor swimming pools
- Registration and Hospitality Suite Open
- Some history boards about our service in Mexico, as we celebrate the 100th Anniversary of the last U.S. Cavalry-mounted charge and our defeat of Pancho Villa (presented by Don Snedeker)
- Some Border Era artifacts (displayed by members of the Aviation Squadron)
- The Blackhorse Store is stocked and will have plenty of items for sale.
- The Silent Auction will once again have dozens of items to bid on, with the proceeds going to our Scholarship Fund. Friday
- The 3rd Annual Top Phillips/Trip Lemire Memorial Motorcycle Run
-Kickstands up at 0830 (other details are in the February 8, 2016 E-News)
- The 2nd Annual Ernie Ford Memorial Golf Tournament
- Be at golf course NLT 0930 (other details are in the February 15, 2016 E-News)
- Stable Your Mount Casual Evening
- 1800: Cocktails and Heavy Hors d'oeuvres
- 1900: Short Program
- Recognition of the Boeselager Teams/Members from German Border days
Introduction and Welcome by Tom White (52nd Colonel of the Regiment, former Secretary of the Army, and Honorary Colonel of the Regiment)
- Regimental update by Colonel Kevin Jacobi
- 0900: Important business/membership meeting
- 1100: Memorial Service
- 1800: Annual Banquet
- Announcement of Scholarship Recipients
- Induction of 6 new members into the Honorary Rolls of the Regiment
- Oscar Gill
- Don Snedeker
- Rudy Beck
- Tom Smart
- Bill Clark
- Guy Swan
- Keynote Speaker is General Crosbie E. Saint (47th Colonel of the Regiment)