2017 Blackhorse Association Family Reunion in Atlanta, Georgia
HILTON ATLANTA - MARIETTA HOTEL
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
THURSDAY, JUNE 8
- 0830-1100 Reunion Registration Open
- 1300-1800 3rd Annual Ernie Ford Memorial Golf Tournament
- 1400-1900 Reunion Registration Open
- Hospitality Room Open,
- Blackhorse Store open, and Silent Auction
FRIDAY, JUNE 9
- 0600-1700 Blackhorse Memorial visit, Blackhorse Classroom tour
- 0800 The 4th Annual Top Phillips/Trip Lemire
- Memorial Motorcycle Run (Suggesting later
- departure bc of ATL Traffic)
- 1530-1730 Reunion Registration Open. Additional hours will
- be posted at the reunion, if necessary.
- 1800-2200 Stable Your Mount Casual Evening
- 1800 Social Hour and hors d'oeuvres,
- 1900 Program
SATURDAY, JUNE 10
- 0800-0900 Executive Committee Meeting
- 0900-1130 General Business Meeting
- 1130-1200 Memorial Service
- 1230-1600 ATLANTA TOUR
- 1800-2200 Social Hour and Banquet Dinner
SUNDAY, JUNE 11
Coming up: Mini-reunion in Neptune Beach, Florida
21-23 Oct 16
All current and former Black Horse Troopers are invited to attend a mini-reunion in Neptune Beach, Florida.
Contact hotel for lodging reservations.
1-800-881-2330 or 904-246-2175
Friday night social at the Lemon Bar and pool area. There is no official start time for this. We will assemble as we settle in the hotel. By 17-1800 most of us should be out at the bar.
Saturday night dinner and Oktoberfest activities at the German Schnitzel House. With live German band and other specials.
1800-1845 Social, at 1845 they will start taking our meal orders.
On Saturday there will be a tour of Marine Corps Support Facility Blount Island. The time is TBA. There are also many other options for things to do in the area to include golfing, beaches, and shopping.
The 2nd Annual Blackhorse Thunder Run motorcycle ride will be on Saturday. Meet in hotel parking lot at 0930, kickstands up 1000.
Come out and celebrate with us.
Points of Contact: Steve Jones or John Melin
Our Reunion Mission
Our Regimental Association mission and objectives are:
- To honor comrades who gave their lives in the service of our country and Regiment.
- To preserve and strengthen comradeships formed in the Regiment.
- To provide educational scholarships for the children of those who served in the Regiment.
- To proclaim and publicize the achievements and traditions of the Regiment.
- To support the troopers serving in the active Regiment.
In order to accomplish the first two objectives the Blackhorse Association conducts frequent reunions to bring together Blackhorse veterans and their families from all eras of Regimental service.
- Between 1970 and 1995, the annual Blackhorse reunion was held at Fort Knox conjunction with the annual Armor Conference May each year
- 1996, the Blackhorse Association held its annual reunion along with the 11th Armored Cavalry Veterans Vietnam and Cambodia Louisville, KY
- 1997 - 2002, co-located with the ACVVC reunions in Las Vegas, New Orleans, San Diego, Buffalo, Washington, DC, and Nashville
- May 2000: Fulda, Bad Kissingen, and Bad Hersfeld, Germany (Border Legion)
- June 2005: Fulda, Bad Kissingen, and Bad Hersfeld, Germany along with our sister regiment, the 14th Cavalry. (Border Legion)
- June 2007: Williamsburg, VA
- May 2008: Las Vegas, NV
- June 2009: Fulda, Bad Kissingen, and Bad Hersfeld, Germany
- June 2010: Houston, TX
- June 2011: Las Vegas, NV
- June 2012: Williamsburg, VA
- June 2013: Louisville, KY
- June 2014: Colorado Springs, CO
- June 2015: Las Vegas, NV
- June 2016: San Antonio, TX