Coming up: Northeast Blackhorse Mini-Reunion
Veterans of the Blackhorse Regiment are holding a Northeast Mini-reunion from July 7-9, 2016 in Beaver Falls, PA. If you will be in the area and would like to attend, please confirm your attendance by June 2, 2016 by contacting Darryl Wolfe at 724-494-0478 or email@example.com.
The tentative schedule for the weekend is below:
Lodging: (mention "11th ACR Reunion" and get the discounted $85.02 per night)
Hotel contact info: Microtel by Wyndham
2801 Darlington Rd
Beaver Falls Pa 15010
Crawford's Camping Park
251 Hodgson Rd.
Darlington, PA 16115
Who: Anyone interested in the direction of the 11th ACR Northeast Reunion. Where: Probably a local favorite, The Brighton Hot Dog Shoppe.
Will review conversations about the Northeast members Darryl has had with Glenn Snodgrass, President of the Blackhorse Association.
Will discuss tax information and nonprofit issues.
Discussion on about where or what the Northeast members could be doing as a
5:00 PM - Sailing and dinner (sold out)
10:00 AM - Soldiers & Sailors Memorial Hall
4141 Fifth Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15213
(Free admission is offered to military members serving on active duty or in the Guard and Reserve; veterans; and retired military.)
1:00 PM - DAV will be available at the banquet hall to answer questions and give guidance on the VA system.
616 Centennial Ave.
New Galilee, Pa 16141
4:00 PM - Silent auction items will be displayed and let the fun begin. Raffle tickets and other games will be activated throughout the evening.
5:30 PM - Dinner will be served.
6:30 PM - Special guest speaker: yet to be named.
7:00 PM until 11:00 PM - Socializing and dancing, then hall clean up. We must be out of the hall by midnight.
Places of interest:
The Pittsburgh Zoo and Aquarium
Free entry to veterans with proof (DD-214 or military ID)
9:30 AM - 6 PM. Gates close at 4:30 PM.
National Aviary: 700 Arch Street, Pittsburgh, PA 15212
Carnegie Museum of Natural History: 4400 Forbes Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15213
Our Reunion Mission
Our Regimental Association mission and objectives are:
- To honor comrades who gave their lives in the service of our country and Regiment.
- To preserve and strengthen comradeships formed in the Regiment.
- To provide educational scholarships for the children of those who served in the Regiment.
- To proclaim and publicize the achievements and traditions of the Regiment.
- To support the troopers serving in the active Regiment.
In order to accomplish the first two objectives the Blackhorse Association conducts frequent reunions to bring together Blackhorse veterans and their families from all eras of Regimental service.
- Between 1970 and 1995, the annual Blackhorse reunion was held at Fort Knox conjunction with the annual Armor Conference May each year
- 1996, the Blackhorse Association held its annual reunion along with the 11th Armored Cavalry Veterans Vietnam and Cambodia Louisville, KY
- 1997 - 2002, co-located with the ACVVC reunions in Las Vegas, New Orleans, San Diego, Buffalo, Washington, DC, and Nashville
- May 2000: Fulda, Bad Kissingen, and Bad Hersfeld, Germany (Border Legion)
- June 2005: Fulda, Bad Kissingen, and Bad Hersfeld, Germany along with our sister regiment, the 14th Cavalry. (Border Legion)
- June 2007: Williamsburg, VA
- May 2008: Las Vegas, NV
- June 2009: Fulda, Bad Kissingen, and Bad Hersfeld, Germany
- June 2010: Houston, TX
- June 2011: Las Vegas, NV
- June 2012: Williamsburg, VA
- June 2013: Louisville, KY
- June 2014: Colorado Springs, CO
- June 2015: Las Vegas, NV
- June 2016: San Antonio, TX